Frequently Asked Questions - Hosts
- Where does Screaming Blue Murder perform?
- We are a travelling theatre company based in Chester. We will travel throughout Cheshire/Wirral/Clwyd to perform and further if travelling expenses are provided. We can adapt our scripts to a variety of settings, but it is important that everyone be able to see and hear all the performers at once.
- How does a mystery dinner work?
- Typically, an evening begins around 7:00 p.m. with pre-dinner drinks. The performers will mingle with your guests and introduce themselves, in character. Part of the action takes place during this time as well. Dinner usually begins around 7.30-8:00 and more clues are dropped and story dramatised between courses. The story usually climaxes near the end of the main course with the solution taking place with dessert. The mystery is usually solved by about 9:30 or 10:00, depending on how involved the guests become. Prizes (provided by us) are offered for the best solutions.
- How does the business side of things work?
- One of two ways:
- You pay only for the theatre service and look after all the food, marketing (etc) yourself, we will simply turn up on the night and perform.
- We can provide the whole marketing service ourselves in which case you would simply invoice us for the food.
- My venue is located outside your area of operations - can I still book?
- This will need to be discussed on a case by case basis and will likely incur additional charges. This is simply because our cast and crew are Chester based and the additional travel expenses will need to be covered. Consideration should be given to the time involved; a later arrival of the company will result in later start and finish times.
- How many people do we need to attend?
- Screaming Blue Murder can adapt to audiences of all sizes. A minimum of 25 people is recommended for mingling with the guests to be effective. 150 is approaching the high end but, that really depends on the crowd and the venue.
- What do we need to provide?
- Screaming Blue Murder will always provide all the props, costumes, music, audience participation materials and set decoration (which is minimal). We ask that you provide a minimum 3 course meal for your guests as well as our cast and crew (usually between 5 and 9 people). We require a small performance area in the middle of the tables and a small separate setup room is very helpful. A buffet meal can work but it is not ideal, however if you do opt for a buffet meal, the buffet table must be situated in the main dining room.
- What happens when the Murder Mystery has finished?
- The Tech Team will finish at the curtain call. or
- The Tech Team will provide a short period of background music (approx 20 minutes) to allow your guests to relax after the show.
Just let the Screaming Blue Murder team know which would suit your event best.